If you have a nice website but does not make business from it, it is not a successful website. A successful website is meant to engage your prospects by giving them the necessary information for them to take action. By taking action, they will either call you or send you an enquiry from the contact form. From here, it is then up to you to meet them up and close the deal.
In order for your website to engage with your prospects, you need to drive targeted traffic to it first. This means that you need to optimize your website to get targeted search engine traffic. To do this, the first step is to design a SEO-friendly website.
To make your website rank well on search engines, it is important to start considering all the factors that will affect search engine rankings at all stages of website design and development. It involves how your website is designed, the codes that you use, the content, and many more factors.
Now, let me share with you some tips to design a SEO-friendly website:
1. Do not build your website entirely on Flash technology. Flash technology will jeopardize your search engine rankings. If you want to rank well on search engines, you should not build your website entirely on Flash technology. Instead, you can choose to build a hybrid website, with plain text and flash banner to make it more interactive.
2. Name your pages in a search-engine-friendly way. A search engine friendly URL looks like this: “your-service.html”. However, there are some sites, especially e-commerce sites, that have URLs that look like this: “index.php/?id=11&product=1&cat=3”. This type of URL does not make any sense to search engines and will affect the performance of your search engine optimization effort.
3. Tag your pages with important keywords. Place important key phrases in the Title, Meta, H1, Alt tags of your pages. It is important that your website consists of key phrases that prospects are looking for, as there is no way your website can rank high on search engines if those key phrases are not present.
4. Write relevant content. Relevant content is the key to achieve high rankings on search engines. Search engines give what searchers are looking for. If search engines find that the content of your website is not relevant to the keywords that you are optimizing, your site will not achieve high rankings for those keywords.
5. Clean coding. The coding of your site should be clean and simple. Try to keep the file size of each page to less than 100KB so that search engine spiders can read it easily.
Designing a SEO-friendly website is very important for the growth of your business. Without a search engine friendly website, it is impossible for your site to get targeted search engine traffic that will bring you sales.